An edited version of the panel discussion about draining and restoring Lake Pedder, held at Wild Island on Thursday 1 December, has now been broadcast on ABC Radio National’s Big Ideas program (Paul Barclay presenter). To listen to the program or download the MP3 file, click here.
The panel discussion was moderated by Natasha Cica – Director of Kapacity.org, author of Pedder Dreaming: Olegas Truchanas and a Lost Tasmanian Wilderness and co-editor of GriffithREVIEW39: Tasmania – The Tipping Point?
Other participants were:
- Peter Thompson – Broadcast journalist and educator
- Saul Eslake – Vice-Chancellor’s Fellow at the University of Tasmania, member of the board of directors, Hydro Tasmania and former chief economist of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Australia and the Australia & New Zealand Banking Group
- Ruth Langford – Yorta Yorta woman and member of Tasmania’s Aboriginal community
- Richard Eccleston – Director of the Institute for the Study of Social Change, University of Tasmania
- Emma Anglesey – Tasmanian musician
- Luke Wagner – Landscape painter
Please find time to listen to this discussion on the future of Lake Pedder.
On 6 February, Peter Thompson spoke with Helen Shield on ABC Local Radio in Tasmania about the RN Big Ideas panel discussion. A link to Peter’s discussion with Helen will be provided shortly.