Members of the public are invited to attend a panel discussion about draining and restoring Lake Pedder, to be held at Wild Island at 5-7 pm on Thursday 1 December. Wild Island is located at Shop 8, The Galleria, 33 Salamanca Place, Hobart, Tasmania.
The event will be recorded for broadcast on ABC Radio National’s Big Ideas program in January 2017.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Natasha Cica – Director of Kapacity.org, author of Pedder Dreaming: Olegas Truchanas and a Lost Tasmanian Wilderness and co-editor of GriffithREVIEW39: Tasmania – The Tipping Point?
Other participants are:
- Peter Thompson – Broadcast journalist and educator
- Saul Eslake – Vice-Chancellor’s Fellow at the University of Tasmania, member of the board of directors, Hydro Tasmania and former chief economist of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Australia and the Australia & New Zealand Banking Group
- Ruth Langford – Yorta Yorta woman and member of Tasmania’s Aboriginal community
- Richard Eccleston – Director of the Institute for the Study of Social Change, University of Tasmania
- Emma Anglesey – Tasmanian musician
- Luke Wagner – Landscape painter
Places are limited and tickets can be purchased online. For full details and bookings, click here.