Australia. Parliament. House of Representatives. Report of Standing Committee on Environment, Recreation and the Arts. Inquiry into the Proposal to Drain and Restore Lake Pedder. The report was tabled 26 June 1995 and is Parliamentary Paper Number 113/1995.
The Standing Committee was in existence 1987-1998. The report is still available on the Parliament of Australia website but you may have difficulty finding it. A scanned copy (118 pages, file size 4.9 MB) can be viewed or downloaded at house_reps_committee_report_lake_pedder_1995.
Please note that the report is now 20 years old and the positions of some of the parties involved have changed.
The Future of Lake Pedder – Interim Report, Commonwealth Government’s Lake Pedder Enquiry ReportThe Future of Lake Pedder’ was first printed in an interim format for the Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra. This book, which includes that report was published by the Lake Pedder Action Committees throughout Australia in September 1973.
Lake Pedder: Values and Restoration. The Proceedings of a Symposium held on 8th April 1995 at the University of Tasmania, Hobart. Edited by Chris Sharples. Occasional Paper No. 27, Centre for Environmental Studies, University of Tasmania, 2001. The proceedings consist of the following papers:
- FLANNERY, T. – Foreword (and title page, bibliographic details, table of contents and front piece illustration)
- SHARPLES, C. & SAWYER, N. – Introduction and overview
- KIERNAN, K. – The geomorphology and geoconservation significance of Lake Pedder
- TYLER, P. – Lake Pedder – a limnologists lifetime view
- PEMBERTON, M. – Soils in the Lake Pedder area
- BALMER, J. & CORBETT, E. – The vegetation of the Lake Pedder area prior to flooding
- LAKE, P.S. – The fauna of Lake Pedder – changes after the flooding and thoughts on restoration
- McCONNELL, A. – The cultural heritage of the Huon–Serpentine Impoundment, and an assessment of the effects of restoration of Lake Pedder
- GEE, H. – Social and cultural grounds for the restoration of Lake Pedder
- DUCKETT, T. – Practical cost effective rehabilitation of the current Lake Pedder impoundment
- SANGER, A. – Prospects and problems for the restoration of the Pedder galaxias
- LIVINGSTON, A. – Hydrological and engineering issues associated with draining and restoring Lake Pedder
- KIERNAN, K. – Restoring Lake Pedder: a geomorphological perspective on recovery prospects and likely time scales
Pedder 2000 Campaign Submission. Pedder 2000 submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Environment and Heritage Inquiry into the proposal to restore Lake Pedder.
Dr Andrew Blakers Submission. Submission and Supplementary Submission to Lake Pedder Inquiry by Dr Andrew Blakers, Senior Research Fellow, Engineering Department, The Australian National University.
Dam Financing in Tasmania. Dr Andrew Blakers’ Analysis (1995).